AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is a Google initiative that seeks to improve the loading speed of web pages on mobile devices. This is achieved through the creation of simplified versions of web pages, which load much faster on mobile devices.
Among the benefits of using AMP are:
- Improved loading speed: By reducing the amount of code used in web pages, web pages load much faster on mobile devices.
- Improved user experience: By loading web pages faster, the bounce rate is reduced and the browsing experience for users is improved.
- Improvement in SEO: By improving the loading speed of web pages, their positioning in search engines is improved.
- Greater reach on mobile devices: By improving the loading speed of web pages, the reach of web pages is increased on mobile devices, which allows reaching a broader audience.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) websites are a Google initiative to improve the loading speed of pages on mobile devices. While these websites can load faster than traditional websites, they also have some limitations in terms of their development.
One of the main limitations of AMP websites is that only certain tags and scripts can be used. This means that developers must work within a limited set of tools, which can limit the functionality and customization of a website.
Another limitation is that AMP websites cannot use plugins or extensions, meaning that additional features such as contact forms, social media share buttons, etc. cannot be added.
Technical aspects of AMP
- HTML AMP: It is a simplified version of the HTML language that allows you to reduce the amount of code used in web pages, which translates into an improvement in loading speed.
- AMP Cache: It is a Google service that stores pre-rendered versions of AMP web pages, which allows them to load much faster on mobile devices.
- By using AMP HTML, AMP JS and AMP Cache, it is possible to significantly reduce the amount of code used in web pages, which translates into an improvement in their loading speed. In addition to this, AMP also includes restrictions on how styles and scripts can be used, which helps to avoid performance issues.
Regarding SEO, AMP increases the possibility of appearing in the Google search results section, particularly on mobile devices, since Google prioritizes AMP web pages on these platforms, in addition to improving the user experience.